Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber): apply for a 'right of light' certificate (T607)

How to start the process of preventing your neighbours from affecting the level of light in your property.


Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) Explanatory leaflet for applications for rights of light certificates

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


This guide explains:

  • the application process
  • the fees you may need to pay
  • the role of the tribunal

More about how to apply or appeal to the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber).

Updates to this page

Published 1 January 2016

Sign up for emails or print this page