Unlicensed BCG vaccine: advice for healthcare professionals
Guidance and advice for healthcare professionals on the administration and storage of the unlicensed BCG vaccine supplied by Intervax Ltd.
PDF, 172KB, 4 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Guidance for healthcare professionals on the use of the unlicensed BCG vaccine in response to a vaccine shortage. This information will be supplied with the delivery of Intervax BCG vaccine. This guide provides information on:
- how to reconstitute the paediatric and adult dose
- store the vaccine
- how to administer the vaccine
- important eligibility criteria
This is available to download only and is not available in hard copy from the Health and Social Care Publications Orderline.
Published: 27 June 2016
Updated: 28 February 2017
- Leaflet revised in relation to vaccine supply and programme delivery feedback.
- Revised to include recommendations on administering the vaccine.
- Content has been amended in line with changes in vaccine supply and administration.
- First published.