In the consultation response Delivering Tax-Free Childcare the government announced that, from 2016, the childcare costs support working families may claim under Universal Credit will increase from 70% to 85%.
The increased childcare offer is outlined in this report, along with a summary of measures that will ensure Universal Credit and Tax-Free Childcare complement each other effectively.
The report covers:
- a recap of the rationale for Universal Credit
- support for childcare costs currently offered by the scheme
- confirmation of the increase in childcare support and how this complements the government’s wider offer on childcare
- how the consultation questions on Universal Credit are answered by the increase in childcare support
- a summary of how Universal Credit and Tax-Free Childcare will interact
- a summary of the ongoing roll out and evaluation of Universal Credit