UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) off-payroll appointee numbers, as of 31 March 2016.
Following the ‘Review of the tax arrangements of public sector appointees’, government departments were required to implement the recommendations.
The data shows:
- number of off-payroll engagements for those earning more than £220 per day and lasting more than 6 months duration as at 31 March 2016
- new engagements or those that reached 6 months duration between 1 April 2015 and 31 March 2016
- engagements of board members, and/or senior officials with significant financial responsibility during that period
- number of engagements for whom assurance as to their tax obligations has been sought
- number who have successfully provided assurance
- action taken against those who have not successfully provided assurance