The UK is a world leader in clean growth. We have led the G7 in reducing emissions while growing our economy. Delivering clean growth is central to our Industrial Strategy, as one of 4 Grand Challenges – global trends which will transform our future, where we can put the UK at the forefront of the industries of the future.
We want to ensure that the innovative companies we support are visible and championed for their work in developing clean technology of the future, providing them with the opportunity to promote themselves to potential investors.
The Clean Growth Strategy has innovation at its heart, offering over £2.5 billion of government investment for low carbon technology, and we want to highlight the support the government is offering to those businesses delivering low carbon technologies.
This is part of the broader work that the government is undertaking through the Industrial Strategy’s clean growth Grand Challenge, to ensure the UK maximises the economic and commercial benefits of the global transition to a low carbon economy.
This database is in a consultation phase, but our aim is to showcase the 4,300 low carbon organisations and projects which have benefitted from government funding since April 2012 from the:
- Energy Entrepreneurs Fund
- Innovate UK
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
Our hope is that this will bring greater transparency to the actions of government, highlight the support on offer for low carbon technology and interest the following groups:
- investors looking to invest in UK businesses (including in the UK and abroad)
- investors looking for information on the level of support for R&D in the UK
- Department for International Trade and British Trade Posts (to connect companies to international opportunities)
- UK companies (who are seeking partnerships and export opportunities)
We need your feedback
This is an evolving project due to launch in its full phase as part of the Green Great Britain Week.