© Crown copyright 2018
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: email@example.com.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-test-for-a-uk-visa-clinics-in-botswana/tuberculosis-testing-in-botswana
1. Approved test clinics
You must be tested for tuberculosis if you are coming to the UK for more than 6 months and are a resident of Botswana.
Your test must be from a clinic approved by the Home Office. We will not accept a tuberculosis test certificate from a clinic we have not approved.
To enquire about or book your medical examination, please contact:
Dr John Pridgeon
Shop 31, Kagiso Mall (next to Pharma South)
Broadhurst shopping centre
- IOM telephone: +267 7230948 or +267 3685757
- Practice telephone: +267 3937479 or +267 76406207
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Attending the clinic
You should contact the above approved clinic to book an appointment. You should make it clear that you need the test for a UK visa application. You can expect to get an appointment within a few days of your request. At busy times you may have to wait 10 days for an appointment, especially during the UK student visa peak season between June-September. We cannot arrange or prioritise appointments for you.
3. What you should bring with you
- proof of identification, which contains your photograph, preferably your passport
- Two recent passport size photos (not older than 6 months at the time of examination)
- Your UK address
- tuberculosis test fee
- if you have had tuberculosis in the past or have any other lung disease you should provide details of your previous screening and, if possible, your medical notes and x-ray results
If you would like an appointment with a female clinician, please inform the clinic when you schedule your appointment.
If you need to cancel your appointment you should contact the clinic and refer to their cancellation policy and procedure.
4. Test fees
The fee for tuberculosis screening is 100 US Dollars for all adults and 50 US Dollars for children under 11 (or its equivalent in local currency). The fee will be payable in local currency at the prevailing exchange rate advised by the IOM. You will pay the IOM directly for the cost of your tuberculosis test. The cost of the test is in addition to the visa application fee.
The test fee does not cover treatment if you have tuberculosis.
Your payment must be made before the medical examination through a bank deposit:
- Payment method: Cash payment at First National Bank or EFT
- Name of bank: First National Bank (FNB) Botswana
- Account holder: International Organization for Migration
- Reference number: Botswana number allocated as per appointment
- Account number: 6249 3403 994
- Branch code: 281 467