© Crown copyright 2018
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-test-for-a-uk-visa-clinics-in-botswana/tuberculosis-testing-in-botswana
You must be tested for tuberculosis (TB) if you are coming to the UK for more than 6 months and are a resident of Botswana.
Your test must be from a clinic approved by the Home Office. We will not accept a TB test certificate from a clinic we have not approved.
You don’t need to take the test if you are a diplomatic passport holders if you are:
- a diplomatic passport holder traveling on official business or on a posting to the UK
- an exempt visa holder
- applying for a certificate of entitlement
- a returning resident
Old Barclays House, Third Floor,
West Wing, Government Enclave
- +267 3187744
- +267 74113774
1. Working Hours
The process will be carried out over two days (Tuesdays and Wednesdays)
1.1 Day 1 Tuesdays 8:30am
Patients are required to come to IOM offices:
Old Barclays House, 3rd Floor, WestWing
They will have their details taken and be given referring cards for an x-ray examination at Gaborone Private Hospital.
1.2 Day 2 Wednesdays 15:30pm
A physical examination will be carried out at Dr John Pridgeon’s clinic:
Dr John Pridgeon
General Practitioner, Shop 31
Kagiso Mall (next to Pharma South)
Broadhurst Shopping Centre
2. What you should bring with you
- valid Identification which contains your photograph such as a passport, national ID card or Refugee Asylum Seeker Card
- two recent passport size photos
- the tuberculosis test fee
- if you have had tuberculosis in the past or have any other lung disease you should provide details of your previous screening and, if possible, your medical notes and x-ray results
3. Test fees
|11 years and above||Below 11 years|
|140 USD||60 USD|
The fee must be paid in US Dollars or the equivalent in your local currency at the clinic. The cost of the test is in addition to the visa application fee.
The fee is not refundable if the person is tested positive for TB or decides not travel to the UK, or their visa is refused.
The test fee does not cover treatment if you already have TB.
Payment must be made before the medical examination through bank deposit.
- Payment method: Cash payment at First National Bank or EFT
- Name of bank: First National Bank (FNB) Botswana
- Account holder: International Organization for Migration
- Reference number: Applicant’s Full Name (First and Last Name)
- Account number: 6249 3403 994
- Branch code: 281 467