A scoping study into deriving transport benefits from big data and the internet of things in smart cities.
Scoping study into deriving transport benefits from big data and the internet of things in smart cities
PDF, 2.93MB, 94 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This study provides a better understanding of the potential opportunities, challenges, enablers, data needs and the possible business models to support big data transport applications in a smart cities context.
The study includes the following elements:
- a review of the existing evidence base
- a gap analysis to identify research gaps and recommended actions
- identification of the available big datasets
- a discussion on the benefits, the challenges and enablers associated with big data and the internet of things
- an assessment of the feasibility of open architectures and innovation platforms
- an assessment of whether there are any skills shortages
- identification of new business models
- a discussion of the areas of the connectivity between policy agendas across government