Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016: an overview
Overview of TSRGD 2016 which prescribes the design and conditions of use of traffic signs on or near roads in England, Scotland and Wales.
Ref: DfT Circular 01/2016 PDF, 1.82MB, 101 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Circular about Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD) 2016 for England, Scotland and Wales.
The circular explains:
- the structure of the regulations
- provides examples demonstrating how the guidance works
- what the changes mean at practitioner level
- shows the relationship between current and previous regulation
The circular is to be read by people:
- designing and implementing traffic management schemes
- involved in road traffic regulation generally
in conjunction with the TSRGD.
The TSRGD 2016 regulations prescribes the:
of use for traffic signs including road markings, traffic signals, pedestrian, cycle and equestrian crossings used on or near roads.