Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016: an overview
Regulations which prescribe the design and conditions of use of traffic signs on or near roads in England, Scotland and Wales.
Applies to England, Scotland and Wales
The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD) 2016 prescribe the designs and conditions of use for traffic signs, including road markings, traffic signals and pedestrian, cycle and equestrian crossings used on or near roads.
This circular explains:
- the structure of the regulations
- how the guidance works
- what the changes mean at practitioner level
- the relationship between current and previous regulation
The circular is to be read in conjunction with the TSRGD by people who are:
- designing and implementing traffic management schemes
- involved in road traffic regulation generally