Summarises a research project on the third sector's involvement and role in providing in learning and skills.
Ref: BIS/13/586 PDF, 411KB, 8 pages
Third Sector Engagement and Participation in the Learning and Skills Sector: Quantitative Research Report
Ref: BIS/13/585 PDF, 818KB, 30 pages
Third Sector Engagement and Participation in the Learning and Skills Sector: Literature Review and Baseline Report
Ref: BIS/13/582 PDF, 422KB, 42 pages
Ref: BIS/13/583 PDF, 507KB, 37 pages
Ref: BIS/13/584 PDF, 350KB, 10 pages
Third Sector Engagement and Participation in the Learning and Skills Sector: Quantitative Research Report Dataset
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The Department for Business, Innovation & Skills (BIS) commissioned research in February 2012 to look at how the third sector works, aiming to maximise its engagement and participation in delivering of learning and skills.
The research included a literature review, quantitative provider survey, provider focus groups, a statistical analysis of learner and provider data and the development of good practice case studies. It was the largest study of its type into the third sector and provided a significant and rich source of evidence.
The documents are:
- Executive Summary: overarching summary of the research project
- Qualitative Research Report: findings from primary research to examine the scale and scope of third sector engagement in learning and skills
- Literature Review and Baseline Report: desk based review of existing research on the scale and extent of third sector activity in delivering learning and skills
- Provider Case Studies: 6 case studies that illustrate good practice and show how third sector organisations are overcoming current challenges
- Strategic Framework: sets out the strategic objectives, priorities and recommendations for further development into a new strategy and implementation plan for the third sector
Underlying data is also available for the Qualitative Research Report.