The UK insurance growth action plan sets out a package of measures to strengthen the insurance sector’s contribution to the UK economy and enhance the UK’s position as a global leader in a truly global industry. The plan identifies actions in five key areas where government and industry, working with other partners, should focus attention:
- the UK industry in overseas markets
- the UK as a location for insurers
- insurers as long-term investors in the UK
- serving UK insurance customers
- skills and diversity in insurance
The measures in the plan are the product of government working in partnership with the insurance industry, identifying actions that will maintain and strengthen the sector’s competitive edge. The government is committed to ensuring that the UK insurance sector is equipped for success in the global race.