Find out how charity trustees can set standards to improve the effectiveness of their charity’s work.
This guidance sets out the standards, or hallmarks that trustees can follow to improve their charity’s performance and governance. An effective charity should:
- be clear about its direction
- have the right mix of skills and experience
- achieve its purposes and deliver its services efficiently
- assess its performance to help improve its efficiency
- have the financial resources to deliver its purposes
- be accountable and transparent