- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Self Assessment forms and helpsheets: Capital Gains Tax and Self Assessment
- 4 July 2014
- Last updated:
- 6 April 2017, see all updates
Capital gains accruing during a period of non residence.
Ref: HS278 PDF, 247KB, 5 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide explains how gains accruing during a period of temporary non residence are treated. It will help you to work out Capital Gains Tax. It also covers gains of non resident companies and settlements, Double Taxation relief, and split year treatment for the years of arrival and departure under Extra Statutory Concession D2.
Published: 4 July 2014
Updated: 6 April 2017
- The helpsheet has been added for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2015 to 2016.
- First published.