The UK Government has published its White Paper setting out policy proposals for the future border and immigration system. This includes an economic appraisal (Annex B) which considers the potential impacts of the proposed future system and quantifies these, where possible.
This report sets out the detailed methodology and data sources behind this economic appraisal. The report includes a description of following modelling:
- EEA long-term work migration baseline projection
- impacts of policy proposals on labour supply (occupations, sectors and regions affected)
- impacts of policy proposals on GDP and GDP per capita
- impacts of policy proposals on UK fiscal balances
- analysis of occupations and labour market adjustment
This release accompanies the publication of ‘The UK’s future skills-based immigration system’.