Tax on contractor loans
This publication was withdrawn on
This settlement opportunity close on 30 June 2015.
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Tax avoidance schemes: settlement opportunities for participators, Tax evasion and avoidance, and Tax avoidance
- First published:
- 16 May 2014
- Last updated:
- 10 August 2015, see all updates
Information about a settlement opportunity for participators in tax avoidance schemes.
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is inviting some participants in certain schemes to settle their tax liabilities by agreement, without the need for legal action. This settlement opportunity offers both the taxpayers and HMRC the best opportunity to resolve these disputes in a way which is cost-effective and consistent. Where people decline the settlement opportunity, HMRC will increase the pace of their investigations and move disputes quickly to legal action.
Published: 16 May 2014
Updated: 10 August 2015
- The closing date for registering for this Settlement Opportunity has now closed.
- The document ten things you need to know about the contractor loans settlement opportunity has been added to this page.
- The closing date for this Settlement Opportunity has been extended to 30 June 2015. To qualify you will need to have contacted us by this date. After that you must then agree settlement by 30 September 2015. We have also explained some aspects in more depth than previously.
- First published.