- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- HM Revenue and Customs: leaflets, factsheets and booklets and Tax credits
- 31 March 2014
- Last updated:
- 1 October 2017, see all updates
Find out if you qualify for the disability element of Working Tax Credit.
This helpsheet explains in detail the 3 conditions you must meet to qualify for the disability element of Working Tax Credit.
The conditions are, you:
- usually work for 16 hours or more a week
- have a disability that puts you at a disadvantage in getting a job
- currently get, or have been getting, a qualifying sickness or disability benefit
Helpsheets are for guidance only and reflect the HM Revenue and Customs position at the time of writing.
Published: 31 March 2014
Updated: 1 October 2017
- The TC956 disability helpsheet has been updated to reflect the October 2017 changes.
- The TC956 Disability Helpsheet has been updated to reflect October 2016 changes.
- The latest version of form TC956 has been added to this page.
- The 2015 to 2016 form has been added to this page
- First published.