This report sets out how the government is dealing with child sexual exploitation and responding to the failures that were identified by Professor Alexis Jay and Louise Casey in their recent reviews into child sexual exploitation in Rotherham.
The report includes a comprehensive and targeted set of actions for all parts of the system including healthcare, social care, education, law enforcement and criminal justice agencies.
Combined, these will:
- strengthen accountability and leadership in professions and local government
- address the culture of inaction and denial that led to victims being dismissed and ignored
- improve joint working and information sharing so that agencies intervene early
- strengthen the protection of children who are at risk
- reinforce law enforcement efforts to stop offenders
- provide greater support for victims and survivors