This surface water management action plan sets out the steps the government is taking, with the Environment Agency and others, to manage the risk of surface water flooding.
It covers a number of actions to both improve our understanding of the risks and strengthen delivery. These include:
- improving risk assessment and communication
- making sure infrastructure is resilient
- clarifying responsibilities for surface water management
- joining up planning for surface water management
- building local authority capacity