Natural England proposes to vary the boundary of the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) to include 38 square kilometres of additional land.
The notice gives details of:
- how to make representations in relation to the draft order
- locations where you may examine hard copies of the draft order and maps
The maps show the additional land in and around the:
- Stour Estuary (in Tendring and Babergh Districts) - maps 1 and 2
- Samford Valley (in Babergh District) - map 1
- Freston Brook Valley (in Babergh District) - map 3
The key map shows the relative locations of maps 1 to 3.
The formal statutory and public consultations on the proposed extension to the AONB took place between 26 January 2018 and 20 April 2018. Natural England has considered the 126 representations it received. The consultation analysis report includes Natural England’s responses to issues raised.
Natural England’s board considered the outcome of the consultation at its meeting on 5 December 2018. It approved:
- the draft order to vary the boundary of the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- publication of the notice of the board’s intention to make the proposed Designation Variation Order