Submarine Dismantling Project: interim storage of Intermediate Level radioactive Waste
MOD is in the process of selecting a site for the interim storage of ILW. Documents detail the approach to shortlisting and provide information on public consultation.
PDF, 7.6MB, 143 pages
On the 13 February 2014 the Ministry of Defence (MOD) published a provisional shortlist of sites that may be suitable for the interim storage of the reactor pressure vessels (RPVs) that will be removed from ex-Royal Navy nuclear powered submarines and published the final shortlist of sites on 16 October 2014.
A list of exhibition venues and dates is available on this page.
To book onto one of our public consultation workshops please complete and return a form.
Published: 13 February 2014
Updated: 1 June 2015
- Updated 'SDP project storage site selection: assessment criteria overview' with 'issue 3.1 (May 2015)'
- Added related link to consultation.
- Added a list of public consultation exhibition venues and dates.
- Added consultation workshop booking forms.
- Removed provisional shortlist and added updated documents and detail.
- Added updated versions of the following documents: SDP project storage site selection: assessment criteria overview, SDP interim storage site: approach to public and stakeholder engagement, SDP interim storage site: approach to decision making
- Added SDP project ILW storage site selection: assessment criteria overview file
- First published.