An equality impact assessment involves assessing the likely or actual effects of policies or services on people in respect of disability, gender and racial equality. It helps us to make sure the needs of people are taken into account when we develop and implement a new policy or service or when we make a change to a current policy or service.
The new Strategic Partners Transition programme has three objectives:
- to ensure key national representative organisations can efficiently and effectively act as a conduit between government and the wider frontline VCSE sector, communicating, and helping to support and deliver strategic policy of OCS, including the three priorities outlined by the Minister for Civil Society
- making it easier to run a voluntary or community organisation
- getting more resources into the sector
- making it easier to engage with the state
- to support the VCSE sector to contribute to the development of the Big Society
- to help ensure the independence and sustainability of national representative organisations, providing a route to them becoming independent of government funding by 2014