Employee’s statement of sickness to claim Statutory Sick Pay

If you are an employee and need to claim Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) from your employer use form SC2.


Employee’s statement of sickness (SC2)


You can use this form (SC2) to ask your employer for Statutory Sick Pay (SSP). You must have been off work due to sickness for more than 3 days in a row to be eligible.

When you’ve filled in the form give it to your employer, it will help them decide if you can get SSP. Keep a copy for your own information.

Before you start

Make sure your browser is up to date.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You cannot save a partly completed form so we suggest you gather all your information together before you begin to fill it in.

Statutory Sick Pay: employee guide
Guidance on how much you get, eligibility, how to claim, fit notes and disputes.

Published 10 July 2014
Last updated 10 June 2022 + show all updates
  1. The link to the Employee’s statement of sickness (SC2) has been updated.

  2. An updated form SC2 for employees who have been sick for 4 or more days in a row and need to claim Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) from your employer has been published.

  3. Added translation