State Pensions: annual increases if you live abroad

This guidance lists the countries where we will pay an increase in the UK State Pension every year.



We pay the UK State Pension worldwide. However, you will only get an increase every year if you live in:

  • the European Economic Area (EEA), Gibraltar or Switzerland
  • a country that has a social security agreement with the UK that allows for cost of living increases to the State Pension

This guidance explains where we will pay increases of the UK State Pension.

More information on GOV.UK

Find more information about the State Pension.

Published 9 June 2014