This report looks at social work education including:
- a generic qualifying course
- increased specialisation within the degree
- employers supporting education, including placements
- improving the ability to provide social workers with the right knowledge, skills and values
- fast track entry routes for top graduates into adult services
- value for money
The recommendations will inform talks about the future of social work education.
Professor Croisdale-Appleby asked for views to contribute to the review. He also called for evidence from employers - including local authorities and the private and voluntary sectors - and universities.