The approach the regulator of social housing takes to regulation, what providers can expect of us, and how we ensure standards are being met.
PDF, 465KB, 36 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Regulating the Standards sets out the regulator’s operational approach to assessing social housing registered providers’ compliance with the economic and consumer standards. It describes the contact social housing providers can expect to have with the regulator and the way that we seek assurance from them to inform our regulatory judgements.
The document also outlines the information we require to regulate effectively and proportionately, as well as explaining other aspects of the regulator’s role such as the maintenance of the statutory register of providers.
Published: 17 January 2014
Updated: 28 July 2017
- Updated version of Regulating the Standards published (28 July 2017)
- Regulating the Standards updated (15 December 2016).
- Updated the Regulating the Standards document.
- Regulating the standards June 2015 document added.
- 2 new documents added; Consumer Regulation Guidance and New Approach to Regulation.
- First published.