Share reorganisations, company takeovers and Capital Gains Tax: HS285 Self Assessment helpsheet
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Self Assessment forms and helpsheets: Capital Gains Tax and Self Assessment
- First published:
- 4 July 2014
- Last updated:
- 6 April 2017, see all updates
Capital Gains Tax rules for share reorganisations.
Ref: HS285 PDF, 274KB, 11 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide explains share reorganisations involving shares held by individuals, personal representatives and trustees. It includes Capital Gains Tax rules for share reorganisations, share reorganisations involving different classes of share, and rules for stock dividends, demergers, and takeovers if the company making the takeover issues shares and/or securities.
Published: 4 July 2014
Updated: 6 April 2017
- The helpsheet has been added for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2015 to 2016.
- First published.