© Crown copyright 2016
This publication is licensed under the terms of the Open Government Licence v3.0 except where otherwise stated. To view this licence, visit nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3 or write to the Information Policy Team, The National Archives, Kew, London TW9 4DU, or email: email@example.com.
Where we have identified any third party copyright information you will need to obtain permission from the copyright holders concerned.
This publication is available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/sfa-the-hub/the-hub-guide-to-user-roles
1. What is the Hub?
The Hub gives access to a range of services for further education providers.
You can access:
- contracts and finances
- data collections for ILR return
- search learning aims
You need an agreement with the SFA or the Education Funding Agency to use the Hub.
2. What are super users?
Each provider should have a single super user.
Super users manage access for their users and give them responsibilities within their organisation in the Hub. This allows a super user to restrict what the organisation’s users can view.
For example, data managers may need to access learner records and reporting tools, whilst finance managers will need to view contract information.
One password for each user allows them to see all the relevant information they have been given access to in one place.
3. Hub user roles
3.1 Data collection roles:
- Data Exchange Service - provider submissions user
- Data Exchange Service - provider information officer
3.2 Contracts and finances roles:
- contracts and finances - provider user
- contracts and finances - provider content author
3.3 Business intelligence dashboard roles:
- BI user
4. Request access to the Hub
- Register your details on the SFA Idams system
- Once access is approved logon using the same web address as previously
- When logged in click on ‘My user profile’ to request access to the roles you need
- In the ‘Request access’ click the role name you require under the ‘Access name’ field
- A confirmation screen is displayed each time you request a role
- These requests will be sent to your provider authorizer.
- You can check the status of your request when logged in under ‘View my requests’
Super users must authorise each role to enable users to access specific on-line services. Email confirmation is sent once you have been approved from the roles you requested.
5. Request super user access to the Hub
Your organisation should have a super user who gives access to the Hub.
If your organisation doesn’t have a super user then you will need to:
- contact the service desk
- provide your information and why you need this access
6. Approving access to the Hub when you are the super user
- Login to your account and click on ‘User/Account Management’
- On the home tab select ‘Manage Activities’ and then ‘View Activities’
- All activities are displayed on this screen. Select ‘Super User Approval’
- Review the request received and ‘Approve’ or ‘Reject’ as appropriate.
- Confirmation is given after you have approved the request.
If you are the super user for your organisation then you can grant your own access through your login.
7. Help and support
For more help and advice please contact our service desk