SEND Tribunal: expenses young people can claim (SEND15YP)

The expenses young people can claim when coming to a hearing at the First-tier Tribunal (Special Educational Needs and Disability), and how to make a claim.


Guidance for a young person claiming expenses

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


To claim expenses, use Form SEND15AYP.

If you’ve lost your travel tickets or receipts, you’ll also need to fill in Form SEND17.

Find out more about the SEND Tribunal.

Published 1 September 2016