A guide on the support system for children and young people with special educational needs and disability (SEND).
This guide explains how the system that supports children and young people with special educational needs and disability (SEND) works.
- the law and guidance on which the system is based
- places to go for help and further information
- details about changes to the system from 1 September 2014
It may also be useful for staff dealing with the parents and carers of children and young people with SEND in:
- schools and colleges
- early years education settings
The guide should be used alongside the ‘Special education needs and disability code of practice: 0 to 25’.
You may also find the easy-read version of this guide for parents and carers and for children and young people useful.
Published: 15 August 2014
Updated: 26 March 2015
- Updated the Afasic phone number and added Dyslexia-SpLD Trust to list in document.
- First published.