Personal tax – form

Self Assessment: claim to reduce payments on account (SA303)

Use the online service or postal form to apply to reduce your Self Assessment payments on account.



To reduce the amounts you’ve been asked to pay if:

  • your business profits or other income goes down
  • the tax relief you are entitled to goes up

you can:

  • use the online service (sign-in or set up a Government Gateway account)
  • fill in the postal form on-screen, print and post it to HM Revenue and Customs.

You must claim by 31 January after the end of the tax year - for example by 31 January 2017 for the year 2015 to 2016.

Understand your Self Assessment tax bill

When and why you have to make payments on account for Self Assessment.