Section 106 planning obligations and the Community Infrastructure Levy in England, 2018 to 2019: report of study
This study looks at the use of developer contributions in England, updating evidence from previous studies.
Applies to England
This department commissioned research into the extent and value of agreed planning obligations (also known as section 106 agreements) and CIL levied in England in 2018 to 2019. This work built upon previous studies including the most recent which covered 2016 to 2017.
- updates the evidence on the current value and incidence of planning obligations
- investigates the relationship between CIL and section 106
- investigates negotiation processes and delays to the planning process
- explores the monitoring and transparency of developer contributions
- investigates the early effects of recent reforms to developer contributions
See the 2016 to 2017 report.