Business tax – form

Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings: pre-return banding check

Use this online form to ask HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) to check your property valuation for Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED).



If you think the value of your dwelling is within 10% of an ATED threshold, you should complete a pre-return banding check form to ask HMRC to carry out checks on your property details and valuation, to see if you need to pay ATED.

Before you start

If you’re using an older browser, eg Internet Explorer 8, you’ll need to update it or use a different browser. Find out more about browsers.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form, so HMRC recommend you gather all your information together before you begin to fill it in.