A summary of a seminar in November 2012 that identified the main challenges and opportunities of a self-improving school system.
This self-improving school system seminar, held on 27 and 28 November 2012 in Nottingham, considered the:
- current trends and momentum towards a self-improving school system
- issues that are emerging
- implications for leadership, the system, and the National College
The seminar explored 4 questions:
- How is the school landscape evolving today, in England and abroad?
- How far are we in ensuring all leaders have the skills and confidence to make the best of autonomy and lead a self-improving system?
- What are the challenges and opportunities for leaders and leadership?
- What are the implications for the National College and the wider system?
The summary of a seminar held in November 2011 on the same subject is also available.