This funding manual provides information to schools and ITT providers on School Direct (salaried) funding in England, including:
- criteria and requirements
- funding rates and funded subjects
- how payments are made
- reconciliation, assurance and audit
The School Direct (salaried) route allows schools to:
- request training places directly
- select the ITT provider of teacher training they want to work with
- agree the content and focus of the training programme depending on their needs
Schools can choose and recruit the candidate they want with an expectation that the trainee will be employed by the school or wider partnership of schools.
Further funding guidance for schools and ITT providers for 2018 to 2019, including bursaries, scholarships and School Direct (salaried) grants is available at Funding: initial teacher training (ITT), academic year 2018 to 19.