The School Direct (salaried) funding manual for initial teacher training (ITT) places for schools and ITT providers.
This funding manual provides information to schools and ITT providers on School Direct (salaried) funding in England, including:
- criteria and requirements
- funding rates and funded subjects
- how payments are made
- reconciliation, assurance and audit
The School Direct (salaried) route allows schools to:
- request training places directly
- select the ITT provider of teacher training they want to work with
- agree the content and focus of the training programme depending on their needs
Schools can choose and recruit the candidate they want with an expectation that the trainee will be employed by the school or wider partnership of schools.