Guidance and practical advice on:
- how to manage school and college security
- security policies and plans
- relevant school and college security legislation
This guidance is for:
- headteachers, staff and governing boards bodies of local-authority-maintained schools (including maintained nursery schools) and colleges
- proprietors of independent schools (including academies, 16 to 19 academies, free schools and alternative provision academies) and non-maintained special schools
- management committees of pupil referral units (PRUs)
- non-school based early years provision
The templates and checklists can help you manage your policy.
Pupil referral units (PRUs) teach children who aren’t able to attend school and may not otherwise receive suitable education. This could be because they have a short- or long-term illness, have been excluded or are a new starter waiting for a mainstream school place.