Safety alerts 2014
Defence Infrastructure Organisation alerts for specific safety issues that without immediate action could result in serious or fatal injury.
PDF, 87.3KB, 3 pages
PDF, 36KB, 2 pages
Safety alerts are issued by Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) to the wider MOD and its industry partners to communicate specific safety issues quickly; specifying the immediate, short and long term actions to be taken by those responsible. Such safety issues represent significant threat of serious or fatal injury, fire or explosion and include: identified dangerous working practices; faulty or defective equipment, products or substances, unsafe conditions, etc.
Although mainly relevant to infrastructure risks and associated management activities within MOD (eg electrical, gas, confined spaces, working at height) they may be useful to the wider facility management or construction domain (eg facility or property managers, landlords, engineers, infrastructure designers, installers or maintainers).
Withdrawn safety alerts
- SA 03/14: working at height: safety in ceiling and roof voids
Published: 19 February 2014
Updated: 23 July 2015
- Added SA 09/14 New gas pipework design and installation compliance.
- Included list of withdrawn safety alerts and removed SA 03/14.
- Added new safety alert 04/14.
- Added SA 03/14: working at height: safety in ceiling and roof voids
- First published.