- Environment Agency
- Part of:
- River Thames: boat registration and application forms and Access to the countryside
- 31 March 2014
- Last updated:
- 9 February 2017, see all updates
- Applies to:
The Environment Agency's requirements for obtaining a boat registration on the River Thames.
The Environment Agency’s requirements for obtaining a boat registration on the River Thames. The Environment Agency takes enforcement action if it finds any boat moored or in use if it’s not displaying a current valid registration plate.
Published: 31 March 2014
Updated: 9 February 2017
- Changed section on 'construction and equipment standards' to read: These standards are set out in the BSS Examination Checking Procedures for Privately Owned and Managed Vessels and for hire vessels the additional Hire Boats Examination Checking Procedures.
- October 2016 requirements added.
- Latest requirements added.
- First published.