Statutory guidance

River Thames: accommodation licensing requirements

River Thames accommodations licensing requirements relates to mooring piles, slipways, landing stages and other private structures.



You need a River Thames accommodation licence for any structure on, in or over the river or cut into the river bank. Examples of a structure are jetties, pontoons, piles, slipways and bank protection works.

The River Thames accommodations licensing requirements relate to these structures.

You can find more information about accommodation licences, including how to apply and the charges, on the accommodation licence overview page.

Published 1 January 2012
Last updated 19 December 2019 + show all updates
  1. Additional information added, including links to more information on accommodation licences.

  2. The licensing requirements for accommodation licensing have been reviewed and updated.

  3. Document template updated.

  4. First published.