River Thames accommodation licence: change of circumstances

An application form to keep any structures on, in or over the river or cut into the river bank of the River Thames.


Application to retain accommodation - Change of circumstances

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


You need a River Thames accommodation licence for any structure on, in or over the river or cut into the river bank.

Complete this application form if the structure was licensed by the previous owner and you would like to inform us of the change of ownership.

Examples of a structure are jetties, pontoons, docks and slipways.

To complete the form print and fill in the above PDF and return to the Environment Agency at the address contained within the form.

Published 31 January 2014
Last updated 10 October 2017 + show all updates
  1. Improvements to the format of the application form to ensure all information required is captured.
  2. 'Accommodation Licence – Change of circumstances' has been republished with a minor update.
  3. First published.