Information leaflet and poster to support the whooping cough vaccination in pregnancy programme.
The leaflet provides in-depth information on:
- why the vaccine is needed
- how maternal pertussis vaccination helps to protect babies from whooping cough
- when expectant mothers can have the vaccine
- vaccine safety and efficacy.
The poster has been designed to promote the need for maternal pertussis vaccination which is now recommended from week 16 of each pregnancy. It is suitable for GP surgeries, hospitals, maternity units, nurseries, child care centres and libraries.
The leaflet (product code: 3235344) and poster (product code is 54263393) are available to order:
Health and Social Care Publications orderline
Health and Social Care Publications
PO Box 777
Contact form https://www.orderline....
Telephone: 0300 123 1002
Copies of most printed publications can now be ordered online. Login to register and place your order.
Further programme information
Read about the whooping cough vaccination programme for pregnant women: extension to 2014 which explains the continuation of the temporary programme for pertussis vaccination for pregnant women.
Published: 28 September 2012
Updated: 8 September 2017
- Added new poster for vaccination from 16 weeks.
- Revised to include more detail about the pertussis vaccine and eligibility.
- Revised leaflet and poster supporting the whooping cough vaccination in pregnancy programme.
- Added URLs of 'vaccination against pertussis (whooping cough) for pregnant women programme page' and 'whooping cough vaccination programme for pregnant women: extension to 2014 letter'.
- Whooping Cough and Pregnancy: 'Your Questions Answered on How to Help Protect Your Baby leaflet' and 'What You Need to Know and Do to Help Protect Your Baby flyer' updated with the latest information about the incidence of the disease (both dated 2014 to distinguish from the previous editions)
- First published.