Request to opt out of receiving your PAYE annual tax summary

Ask HMRC to stop sending you a PAYE annual tax summary.


Ask online (sign in using Government Gateway)


Tell HMRC you do not want to receive a PAYE annual tax summary.

You’ll get a reference number that you can use to track the progress of your form.

You’ll need your:

  • date of birth
  • National Insurance number (this is 2 letters followed by 6 numbers and one letter, for example QQ123456A - you can find it on your payslip, P60 or tax return)

To request to opt out using the online service, you need a Government Gateway user ID and password. If you do not have a user ID, you can create one when you use the service.

Published 25 August 2016
Last updated 9 November 2016 + show all updates
  1. Link to the email form removed from the page as this option is no longer required due to information being available on your Personal Tax Account.
  2. First published.