Remittance basis: HS264 Self Assessment helpsheet
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Self Assessment forms and helpsheets: residence and remittance basis, Self Assessment forms and helpsheets: foreign, and Self Assessment
- First published:
- 4 July 2014
- Last updated:
- 6 April 2017, see all updates
Pay tax on the remittance basis.
Ref: HS264 PDF, 257KB, 7 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide is for people who pay tax on the remittance basis. It tells you how to fill in the Foreign pages of the tax return. It also covers Special Withholding Tax, foreign pensions, and income from land and property abroad.
Published: 4 July 2014
Updated: 6 April 2017
- The helpsheet has been added for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Information added for Box 4 Dividends from foreign companies taxed using the remittance basis in an earlier year.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2015 to 2016.
- First published.