This Policy Framework sets out the mandatory requirements and guidance for all prison and probation staff involved in the recall, review and re-release of recalled prisoners.
It includes requirements for:
- the recall of those offenders (including young offenders) released subject to licensed supervision for indeterminate, determinate and extended sentences
- the recall of those offenders released subject to home detention curfew
- recalled offenders who remain unlawfully at large
- recalled prisoners upon return to prison custody
- executive release
- the review and re-release of all recalled prisoners
The Policy Framework contains the ‘Recall Best Practice Guide: Working with Recalled Prisoners’ for use by all probation and prison staff involved in the recall process.
This Policy Framework replaces the requirements outlined in 2 previous Instructions: PSI 30/2014 - PI 27/2014 - AI 22/2014 Recall, review and re-Release of recalled prisoners and PSI 28/2015 – PI 20/2015 – AI 18/2015 Unlawfully at large after recall offence protocols.