Rabbits: make a complaint about damage

Make a complaint about rabbits causing significant crop damage on your land.


Control of rabbits: complaint form (A02)

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


This form should be used if you’re suffering significant crop damage caused by rabbits coming from neighbouring land and your neighbour is refusing to control them. See the guidance Rabbits: how to control numbers for more details.

Make a complaint

To make a complaint, complete the form and send it to Natural England at the address provided. If the information you provide on the form justifies further action, you’ll be contacted by a Natural England wildlife adviser to discuss the problem and, if appropriate, arrange a site visit.

During the site visit the wildlife adviser will carry out an independent assessment of the damage and the rabbit infestation, and will provide advice on rabbit control.

The wildlife adviser will also wish to speak to your neighbour and to assess the rabbit infestation on their land. Where possible, a voluntary agreement to solve the problem between all parties will be encouraged.

Published 6 October 2014