Qualifying care relief for carers: HS236 Self Assessment helpsheet
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Self Assessment forms and helpsheets: self-employment and partnerships and Self Assessment
- 4 July 2014
- Last updated:
- 6 April 2017, see all updates
Getting certain payments tax-free for foster carers, adult placement carers, kinship carers and staying put carers.
HS236 Qualifying care relief: foster carers, adult placement carers, kinship carers and staying put carers (2014)
Ref: HS236 PDF, 277KB, 7 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
If you’re a foster carer or an adult placement carer, this guide will help you fill in your tax return. It also covers parent and child arrangements, supported lodgings schemes, claiming capital allowances and qualifying care in partnerships.
Published: 4 July 2014
Updated: 6 April 2017
- The helpsheet has been added for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- the 'who can use qualifying care relief' section has been amended to add clarity.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2015 to 2016.
- Helpsheet 236 (2014) about qualifying care relief, foster carers, adult placement carers, kinship carers and staying put carers has been updated.
- First published.