Beta This is a test version of the layout of this page. Take the survey to help us improve it
Public sector apprenticeship target
Guidance for public bodies in scope of the public sector apprenticeship target.
This statutory guidance applies to most public bodies with 250 or more staff in England.
- schools and academy trusts
- local authorities
- central government and arm’s-length bodies
- NHS organisations
- the armed forces
- emergency services
- any other body that may be in scope of the target
It outlines how these public bodies should:
- aim to meet the public sector apprenticeship target
- use the data publication and apprenticeship activity return to report their progress towards meeting the target
The list is a guide to the scope of the public sector apprenticeship target and which bodies must follow the target. Due to factors including limitations in the data available, this is not a definitive list for determining the coverage of the target.
Statutory guidance sets out what public bodies must do to comply with the law. You should follow the guidance unless you have a very good reason not to.