Private Residence Relief: HS283 Self Assessment helpsheet
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Part of:
- Self Assessment forms and helpsheets: Capital Gains Tax and Self Assessment
- 4 July 2014
- Last updated:
- 6 April 2017, see all updates
Tax relief available when you sell or dispose of your main home.
Ref: HS283 PDF, 266KB, 8 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guide explains the tax relief that may be available when you sell or dispose of your main home. It can apply to a house, flat, houseboat or fixed caravan which is your home, or part of a house which is your home, or part of the garden attached to your home.
Published: 4 July 2014
Updated: 6 April 2017
- The helpsheet has been added for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2016 to 2017.
- Rates, allowances and duties have been updated for the tax year 2015 to 2016.
- First published.