Gives the priority regulatory outcomes for English local authorities.
Ref: BIS/11/1469 PDF, 658KB, 33 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
The 5 priority regulatory outcomes for England were published following a formal consultation process and replaced the national enforcement priorities. Reflecting issues of concern to businesses and citizens, they provide a framework for local regulation, in terms of activity and work with partner organisations. They were developed with the help of an expert user group of local authorities and representative bodies, and a policy group comprising central government departments and national regulators:
- support economic growth, especially in small businesses, by ensuring a fair, responsible and competitive trading environment
- protect the environment for future generations including tackling the threats and impacts of climate change
- improve quality of life and wellbeing by ensuring clean and safe neighbourhoods
- help people to live healthier lives by preventing ill health and harm and promoting public health
- ensure a safe, healthy and sustainable food chain for the benefit of consumers and the rural economy
This guidance concerns the application of these priorities and is intended for English local authorities.