This report provides a high level overview of the performance of our Priority Programmes and Major Projects.
The report is structured as follows:
- background and programme objectives
- a description of the programme approach
- overview of the major projects in the programme
- recent progress
- appendix A showing how the lifetime cost and schedule estimates have evolved over time
- appendix B showing how the key hazard reduction milestone dates for the Sellafield legacy ponds and silos programmes have evolved over time
Some of these programmes and projects are at a relatively early stage of development, and as such, their scope and associated cost and schedule estimates are immature. Changes to these estimates are therefore to be expected as the programmes and projects are further developed.
Across the NDA’s estate there are many projects underway. Given the complexity and interdependency of many of these, they are often grouped into distinct delivery programmes. We describe those programmes that are the highest priority in achieving our mission as ‘Priority Programmes’.
As a non-departmental public body, we use the UK government’s definition of a Major Project as being: ‘A central Government funded project or programme that requires HM Treasury approval during its life, as set out in Delegated Authority Letters’. Based on the NDA’s delegated authority of £100m, this report therefore includes all inflight projects that have an expected lifetime cost of over £100m and which require HM Treasury approval.