In the UK, the primary responsibility for planning for and responding to any major emergency rests with local organisations, acting individually and collectively through Local Resilience Forums (LRF) and Strategic Coordinating Groups (SCG). With this in mind the Civil Contingencies Secretariat (CCS) launched a programme of work to ensure that multi agency pandemic flu plans at the LRF and Regional / Wales levels are fit for purpose.
This guidance has been produced following an initial analysis of the LRF pandemic influenza multi-agency plans in order to:
- Correct common misunderstandings and / or reinforce key messages
- Share best practise from current LRF plans
- Share additional national information on the role of LRFs with respect to the non-health response
- Provide information beyond that already circulated in the LRF Guidance
- Provide a tool for plan development at LRF level
- Provide a tool for future validation of plans at the region